Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONBefore servicing components near or affected by the SRS (air bag) system, read and observe all SRS Service Precautions. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), in the Chassis Electrical section. Failure to observe all precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury, or death.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes for the SRS memory to drain.
- Drain the engine coolant. It is not necessary to drain out all the coolant.
- Remove the instrument panel and reinforcement. Refer to Instrument Panel Removal & Installation in the Body Interior section.
- For manual A/C, remove the water valve control cable guide.
Remove the 3 clamps and disconnect the heater core (heater radiator) pipe.
Remove the heater core from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.