Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONBefore servicing components near or affected by the SRS (air bag) system, read and observe all SRS Service Precautions. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), in the Chassis Electrical section. Failure to observe all precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury, or death.
Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes for the SRS memory to drain.
NOTETape the tip of a screwdriver to use for removing the components.
- Remove the front pillar garnish.
- Remove the front door inside scuff plate.
- Remove the hood lock lever.
- Remove the cowl side trim.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering column cover.
- Remove the combination switch.
- Remove the lower finish panel assembly, instrument panel finish lower left-hand panel, fuse box bolt, No. 2 duct heater to register, parking brake release lever, No. 2 under cover and lower No. 2 finish panel.
Remove the glove compartment:
- Remove the glove compartment door finish plate inside the instrument panel box.
- Pull up and disconnect the airbag connector.
- Remove the screws.
- Remove the glove compartment and disconnect the connectors.
- Remove the glove compartment door.
- Remove the center cluster finish panel.
- Remove the radio and the heater control assembly.
- For vehicles with floor shift: Remove the upper console panel, rear console box and front console box
- For vehicles with column shift: Remove the finish panel.
- Remove the steering column.
Remove the cluster finish panel, cluster finish panel assembly, and combination meter.
- Remove the instrument panel:
Remove the instrument panel reinforcement.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.