Toyota Avalon 1995-1996
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Install the charging cylinder:
NOTEWhen handling the charging cylinder, always follow the directions given in the instruction manual.
- Charge the proper amount of refrigerant into the charging cylinder.
Connect the center hose to the charging cylinder.
CAUTIONDo not open both high and low hand valves of manifold gauge set.
- Open the valve of charging cylinder.
Press the valve core on the side of manifold gauge and expel the air inside of the center hose.
- Inspect the refrigeration system for leaks:
- Open the high pressure hand valve and charge refrigerant.
- When the low pressure gauge indicates 14 psi (98 kPa) close the high pressure hand valve.
Using a gas leak detector, check the system for leakage. If leak is found, repair the faulty component or connection.
WARNINGUse the refrigerant recovery/ recycling machine to recover the refrigerant whenever replacing parts.
Charge refrigerant into the system. If there is no leak, charge the proper amount of refrigerant into refrigeration system:
CAUTIONNever run the engine when charging the system through the high pressure side. Do not open the low pressure hand valve when the system is being charged with liquid refrigerant.
- Open the high pressure hand valve fully.
- Charge specified amount of refrigerant, then close the high pressure hand valve. A fully charged system is indicated by the sight glass being free of any bubbles.
Remove manifold the gauge set:
- Close both hand valves of manifold gauge set.
- Disconnect the quick disconnect adapters from the service valves.
- Install caps to service valves on refrigerant lines.