Toyota Avalon 1995-1996
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Connect quick disconnect adapter to charging hoses.
- Remove caps from service valves on refrigerant lines.
Install manifold gauge set:
- Close both hand valves of manifold gauge set.
- Connect the quick disconnect adapters to the service valves.
Evacuate air from refrigeration system:
- Connect the vacuum pump adapter to the vacuum pump.
- Connect the center hose of the manifold gauge set to the vacuum pump adapter.
- Open both the high and low hand valves and run the vacuum pump.
- After 10 minutes or more, check that the low pressure gauge indicates 30 in. Hg (750 mmHg) or more. If the reading is not 30 in. Hg (750 mmHg) or more, close both hand valves of manifold gauge set and stop the vacuum pump. Check the system for leaks and repair if necessary.
- Close both the high and low hand valves and stop the vacuum pump.
Leave the system in this condition for 5 minutes or more and check that there is no gauge indicator.