- Before adjusting the parking brake, make sure that the rear brake shoe clearance has been adjusted.
- Remove the console box or the bench seat hole cover, whichever is appropriate.
- Loosen the lock nut and turn the adjusting nut until the lever travel is correct.
- Tighten the lock nut to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
Re-install the console box or the bench seat hole cover.
- Slowly depress the parking brake pedal all the way, and count the number of clicks. Parking brake pedal travel at 66 ft. lbs (294 N): 3-6 clicks