Toyota Avalon 1995-1996
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the right-hand front fender apron seal.
- Disconnect the return line. Be careful not to spill fluid on the belt.
- Disconnect the pressure feed line. Remove the union bolt and gasket.
- Remove the drive belt.
Loosen the upper bolt enough so that the lower bolt can be removed. The upper bolt can not be removed.
- Install the pump and temporarily tighten the 2 bolts.
- Install the drive belt and adjust the tension. Tighten the bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Attach the pressure feed line. Make sure a new gasket is used. The stopper of the line must be touching the front bracket, then tighten the bolt to 38 ft. lbs. (51 Nm).
- Connect the return line.
- Install the fender apron seals securely.
- Bleed the power steering system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.