- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the battery cables and the tray.
- Drain the engine coolant.
Disconnect the cruise control actuator from the body.
- Disconnect the cooling fan connectors.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the radiator.
- Disconnect the lower radiator hose from the water inlet pipe.
- Detach the A/T oil cooler hoses from the oil cooler pipes.
Remove the radiator and cooling fans assembly:
- Disconnect the cruise control actuator wire from the clamp on the No.1 cooling fan shroud.
- Remove the bolts and the two upper supports.
- Lift out the radiator assembly, with the cooling fans still attached.
- Remove the two lower supports from the radiator.
- Remove the A/T oil cooler hoses from the radiator.
- Remove the lower radiator hose from the radiator.
- Remove the No. 1 and the No. 2 cooling fans from the radiator.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Tighten the cooling fan bolts to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Tighten the bolts of the upper radiator support to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
After installation, check that the rubber cushion of the support is not depressed.
- Refill engine coolant.
- Start the engine and check for coolant and A/T fluid leaks.
- Check the A/T fluid level.