Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the rear wheels.
Remove the center exhaust pipe.
- Remove the bolt and disconnect the parking brake cable.
Remove the 2 bolts and nuts.
Remove the strut rod.
Position the strut rod onto the body and axle carrier and install the nuts and bolts finger tight. Face the paint mark to the rearward.
- Connect the parking brake cable and tighten the bolt to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the center exhaust pipe.
- Install the rear wheels.
- Lower the vehicle and bounce the rear end a few to times to allow the rear suspension to stabilize.
- Tighten the mounting bolts to 83 ft. lbs. (113 Nm).
- Inspect the rear wheel alignment.