Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake caliper and rotor. Support the brake caliper securely.
- If equipped with ABS brakes, disconnect and remove the ABS wheel speed sensor.
- Remove the 4 bolts securing the hub to the knuckle and remove the hub.
Remove the O-ring from the backing plate.
- Install a new O-ring onto the backing plate. Coat the O-ring with multipurpose grease.
- Install the hub to the knuckle with the mounting bolts and tighten to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- If equipped with ABS brakes, install the ABS wheel speed sensor.
- Install the brake caliper and rotor.
- Install the wheel and lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the ABS speed sensor signal.
- Inspect rear wheel alignment.