Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONBefore servicing components near or affected by the SRS (air bag) system, read and observe all SRS Service Precautions. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), in the Chassis Electrical section. Failure to observe all precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury, or death.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes for the SRS memory to drain.
- Remove the steering wheel pad. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), Driver-s Air Bag Removal & Installation, in the Chassis Electrical section.
- Remove the steering wheel:
- Center the spiral cable:
Install the steering wheel:
- Align the matchmarks on the wheel and main shaft assembly.
- Tighten the wheel set nut to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Install the steering wheel pad.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the steering wheel center point.
- Reset the radio and clock.