- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the air cleaner cap assembly and air filter.
- Disconnect the ECT switch connectors.
Remove the 2 nuts, and disconnect the engine wire protector from the water inlet and cylinder head.
Remove the bolt, and disconnect the inlet pipe from the water inlet. Remove the O-ring from the inlet pipe.
Remove the 3 nuts, water inlet and thermostat. Remove the gasket from the thermostat.
- Install a new gasket on to the thermostat.
Align the thermostat jiggle valve with the upper stud bolt, and insert the thermostat in the water inlet housing. The jiggle valve may be set within 15° of either side of the prescribed position.
- Install the water inlet and tighten the 3 nuts to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the water inlet pipe:
Install a new O-ring to the water inlet pipe.
- Apply soapy water to the O-ring.
- Connect the water inlet pipe to the water inlet.
- Install the bolt holding the water inlet pipe to the cylinder head and tighten to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the engine wire protector.
- Connect the ECT switch connectors.
- Install the air cleaner cap assembly and air filter.
- Fill the cooling system with coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and inspect for leaks.
- Recheck coolant level.