Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm.
- Remove the weatherstrip.
Remove the cowl louver by pulling it forward.
- Remove the wiper link:
Disconnect the wire harness connector, remove the 4 bolts and remove the motor.
- Install the wiper motor, tighten the mounting bolts and connect the connector.
- Install the wiper link.
- Install the cowl louver.
- Install the weatherstrip.
- Install the wiper arms and tighten nuts by hand. Operate the wipers ones and turn the wiper switch OFF.
Adjust the installation positions of the wiper arms to the positions shown.
A: Approx. 1.6 in. (40 mm)
Tighten the nuts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
Installation is the reverse of removal. Attach all components and secure.
NOTEReturn the motor to the PARK position before installing by cycling the motor on and off once. Do this before connecting the linkage.