- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
Remove the console bezel (1) and place it on a workbench.
NOTEDo not pry out on the top of the bezel. The top of the bezel is secured into place by molded U-Clips.
- Using a trim stick special tool #C-4755 or equivalent, gently pry out on the bottom edge of the console bezel (1) and pull outward.
- Disconnect wire connectors (2) from behind console bezel.
- Remove the console bezel (1) from the vehicle.
Remove the four screws (2) that secure the A/C-heater control (3) to the back of the console bezel and remove the control.
- Position the A/C-heater control onto the back of the console bezel.
- Install the four screws that secure the A/C-heater control to the console bezel.
- Install the console bezel.
Reconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEThe A/C-heater control will automatically perform the Actuator Calibration function when the ignition is initially turned on when installing a new control or when reinstalling the original control. However, the Actuator Calibration function must be manually initiated using a scan tool if the A/C-heater control has been previously installed in another vehicle.
- If required, initiate the Actuator Calibration function using a scan tool.