Removal & Installation
- Perform fuel pressure release procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove timing belt and camshaft sprockets.
- Remove rear timing belt cover bolts.
Remove the rear cover.
NOTEThe rear timing belt cover has O-rings to seal the water pump passages to cylinder block. Do not reuse the O-rings.
- Clean rear timing belt cover O-ring sealing surfaces and grooves. Lubricate new O-rings with Mopar® Dielectric Grease or equivalent to facilitate assembly.
Position NEW O-rings on cover.
- Install rear timing belt cover.
Tighten bolts to the following specified torque:
M10: 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm)
- Install camshaft sprockets and timing belt.