Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel mounting nuts, then the tire and wheel assembly.
While a helper applies the brakes to keep the hub from rotating, remove the hub nut (1) from the axle halfshaft (2).
- Access and remove the front brake rotor.
Remove the four bolts (2) fastening the hub and bearing to the knuckle (3).
- Slide the hub and bearing (1) off the halfshaft and out of the knuckle.
- Install the hub and bearing by sliding it over the halfshaft and into the knuckle.
- Install the four bolts (2) fastening the hub and bearing to the knuckle. Tighten the four bolts to 60 ft. lbs. (82 Nm).
- Install the brake rotor, disc brake caliper and adapter.
- Clean all foreign matter from the threads of the halfshaft outer C/V joint.
- Install the hub nut on the end of the halfshaft and lightly tighten it.
- While a helper applies the brakes to keep the hub from rotating, tighten the hub nut to 97 ft. lbs. (132 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.