Removal & Installation
The electric fuel pump is not serviceable. If the fuel pump or electrical wiring harness needs replacement, the complete fuel pump module must be replaced. Perform the Fuel System Pressure Release procedure before servicing the fuel pump.
Use a marker and place a mark (4) across the position of the fuel pump module lock ring and fuel pump module (1) prior to removal.
- Release fuel pressure from the fuel system.
- Disconnect electrical connector (2) from fuel pump module (1).
- Remove fuel line (3) from fuel pump module (1).
Remove fuel pump module lock using special tool 9340.
If equipped with AWD, disconnect fuel line between fuel pump module (1) and fuel level unit (2).
WARNINGThe fuel reservoir of the fuel pump module does not empty out when the tank is drained. The fuel in the reservoir will spill out when the module is removed.
Remove fuel pump module from fuel tank.
Remove fuel pump module O-ring seal from fuel tank.
- Wipe seal area of tank clean and install a new O-ring seal to fuel tank.
- Connect fuel line between fuel pump module and fuel level unit, if equipped with AWD.
- Install fuel pump module to fuel tank.
- Position fuel pump module into fuel tank, line up module with mark made during removal procedure. Install fuel pump module lock using special tool 9340. Tighten until the lockring and fuel pump module is fully seated.
- Connect fuel line to fuel pump module.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Connect the battery cable.
- Fill fuel tank.
- Use the scan tool to pressurize the fuel system.
- Check for leaks.