Chrysler Sebring 2008-2009
Dodge Avenger 2008-2009
A separate fuel pump relay is no longer used. A circuit within the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) is used to control the electric fuel pump located within the fuel pump module.
- Remove fuel fill cap.
- Remove lower rear seat cushion.
- Remove the fuel pump module cover.
- Disconnect electrical connector form fuel pump module.
- Start and run engine until it stalls.
- Attempt to restarting engine a few times until the engine will no longer start.
- Turn ignition key to OFF position.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
Place a shop towel below and disconnect the fuel line quick-connect fitting (3) at fuel pump module.
NOTEAfter servicing the fuel system, one or more Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) may have been stored in Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory due to disconnecting fuel pump module circuit. A diagnostic scan tool must be used to erase a DTC.