- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the glove box bin.
Remove the screws (1) that secure the mode door actuator (4) to the bracket (5) located on the right side of the HVAC air distribution housing (2).
- Disconnect the wire harness connector (3) from the mode door actuator and remove the actuator.
- Position the mode door actuator onto the bracket located on the right side of the HVAC air distribution housing. If necessary, rotate the actuator slightly to align the splines on the actuator output shaft with those in the mode air door linkage.
- Install the screws that secure the mode door actuator to the air distribution housing.
- Connect the wire harness connector to the mode door actuator.
- Install the glove box bin.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Initiate the Actuator Calibration function using a scan tool.