Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove the mounting bolt (2) and nut securing the toe link (3) to the knuckle.
Mark the position of the cam bolt cam on the crossmember using a paint marker or crayon. Do not use any type marker that will scratch or damage the surface of the crossmember.
- While holding the cam bolt (4) head stationary, loosen and remove the toe link mounting cam bolt nut (3) and washer (1). Remove the cam bolt.
- Remove the toe link (2).
When installing the cam bolt and washer make sure the cams stay inside the abutments built into the crossmember. Failure to do so can damage the abutments and make toe adjustment difficult.
- Position the toe link and install the cam bolt from the front through the crossmember and link. Match the cam on the bolt to the marks made during removal or position the top of the cam to the 12 O'clock position.
- Install the cam washer and nut securing the toe link to the crossmember. Do not tighten at this time.
- Install the mounting bolt and nut securing the link to the knuckle. To install the bolt it may be necessary to flex the trailing link at the body mount bushing inward or outward using an appropriate prying tool. Do not tighten at this time.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Position the vehicle on an alignment rack/drive-on lift. Raise the vehicle as necessary to access mounting bolts and nuts.
- Tighten the toe link mounting bolt nut at the knuckle to 77 ft. lbs. (105 Nm).
- Perform wheel alignment as necessary.
- Once rear toe is set, while holding the cam bolt head stationary, tighten the toe link mounting cam bolt nut to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).