Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to follow these instructions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.
Illustration shown with instrument panel removed for clarity.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the glove box bin.
Reach through the glove box opening in the instrument panel and remove the screws (1) that secure the recirculation door actuator (2) to the right side of the HVAC air inlet housing (3).
- Disconnect the wire harness connector (4) from the recirculation door actuator and remove the actuator.
Illustrations shown with instrument panel removed for clarity.
Position the recirculation door actuator (1) to the right side of the HVAC air inlet housing (2).
- Install the recirculation door actuator onto the air inlet housing. If necessary, rotate the actuator slightly to align the splines on the actuator output shaft (3) with those on the recirculation door pivot shaft adapter (4).
- Install the screws that secure the recirculation door actuator to the air inlet housing.
- Connect the instrument panel wire harness connector to the recirculation door actuator.
- Install the glove box bin.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Initiate the Actuator Calibration function using a scan tool.