On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel from the vehicle.
Remove the three screws that secure the blend door actuator to the bottom of the HVAC housing.
NOTEWhen removing the actuator, note the position of the actuator shaft and its respective linkage for installation reference.
- Remove the blend door actuator from the HVAC housing and disconnect the HVAC wire harness connector from the actuator.
Install the blend door actuator onto the bottom of the HVAC housing. If necessary, rotate the actuator slightly to align the splines on the actuator output shaft with those on the blend door cam.
- Install the three screws that secure the blend door actuator to the HVAC housing. Tighten the screws to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Connect the HVAC wire harness connector to the blend door actuator.
- Install the instrument panel.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.