This procedure is for removal and installation of one of the two proportioning valves mounted on this vehicle equipped with ABS. Chrysler states that this procedure is to be performed if one or both rear wheels is skidding prematurely.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from remote negative terminal on shock tower and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove chassis brake from proportioning valve controlling the rear wheel of the vehicle which has premature wheel skid.
WARNINGWhen removing proportioning valve from flex hose place wrench on proportioning valve, not the adapter fitting. The adapter fitting is not to be removed from the proportioning valve.
- Remove proportioning valve from brake flex hose
- Install proportioning valve on brake flex hose and torque the valve to 145 inch lbs. (17 Nm)
- Install brake tube on proportioning valve and tighten the tube nuts to 145 inch lbs. (17 Nm)
- Bleed the affected brake line.