Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the bellhousing cap.
Disconnect clutch cable from release lever.
- Remove the steering column lower shroud.
- Remove the knee bolster.
Remove the up-stop spacer retainer clip from pedal pin.
NOTEDepressing the clutch pedal provides access to the clutch cable strand. Disconnect the cable up-stop spacer from the pedal pivot pin by removing the retaining clip at the top of the clutch pedal. Wedge a flat-blade pry tool between the pin and the retaining tab. While holding the tab slightly separated from the pin, pull the upstop/spacer off the pedal. Now remove the cable end from the up-stop spacer.
- Remove the clutch release cable core from upstop spacer.
- Loosen but do not remove four (4) brake booster-to-dash panel nuts.
Remove the clutch release cable through engine compartment.
- Feed clutch release cable through dash panel hole and into passenger compartment.
- Connect clutch release cable core to up-stop spacer.
- Connect up-stop spacer to clutch pedal pin and secure with retainer clip.
- Route clutch release cable through engine compartment as removed, and connect clutch release cable to clutch release lever.
- Verify adjuster mechanism operation: With slight pressure, pull the clutch release lever end of the cable to draw the cable taut. Push the clutch cable housing toward the dash panel (With less than 25 lbs. of effort, the cable housing should move 30-50mm). This indicates proper adjuster mechanism function. If the cable does not adjust, determine if the mechanism is properly seated on the bracket.
- Install the bellhousing cap.
- Torque brake booster nuts.
- Install the knee bolster.
- Install the steering column lower shroud.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect battery negative cable.