Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disassemble as follows:
Remove the rear shock from the vehicle
- Install the coil spring to the shock absorber using compressor Tools MB991237 and MB991239.
- Install the dust cover and bump rubber.
- Install the cup and bushing.
- Install the collar, upper spring pad, and bracket assembly.
- Install the upper bushing and washer.
- When properly aligned, install the jam nut and torque to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Remove the compressor tools and install the shock absorber.