Removal & Installation
- Remove the alternator.
- Locate the four locking tabs on the alternator cover, and carefully pry the tabs using a suitable pry tool to remove the cover.
- Remove the five screws that retain the voltage regulator and rectifier to the alternator.
Carefully lift up the rectifier and remove the voltage regulator.
- Depress the voltage regulator brushes and insert a brush tube into the opening to keep brushes in the depressed position.
- Install the voltage regulator on the alternator and ensure the battery ring terminal is positioned on the battery stud. Remove the brush tube.
- Install the five mounting screws and tighten to 26 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Snap the alternator cover into place.
- Install the alternator.