Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine appearance cover bolts and the nuts.
- Remove the engine appearance cover.
- Disconnect the camshaft position (CMP) sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the timing belt front cover. For additional information, refer to the following section, -Timing Belt Front Cover, Removal & Installation.-
- Remove the CMP sensor bolts and CMP sensor.
- Install the CMP sensor and tighten the bolts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Install the timing belt front cover.
- Connect the CMP sensor electrical connector.
- Install the engine appearance cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.