Diagnosis & Testing
- Perform a diagnostic vehicle check to check for the presence of any diagnostic trouble codes.
- Inspect for aftermarket devices which could affect the operation of the system.
- Inspect the easily accessible or visible system components for obvious damage or conditions which could cause the symptom.
- Inspect fuse F1 and replace if necessary.
- Turn the ignition ON , with the engine OFF and measure the voltage at fuse F1. It should be 11-14 volts. If not, the power supply circuit for the fuse must be repaired.
- Remove the mirror switch and confirm that the wiring is properly connected.
- Turn the ignition ON , with the engine OFF and measure the voltage at terminals 6 & 8 on the switch. It should be 11-14 volts. If not, measure the voltage at terminal 6 and ground. It should be 11-14 volts. If it is, repair the open circuit between terminal 8 and ground. If it is not, repair the open circuit between the F1 fuse and mirror switch.
- Remove the front door escutcheon.
- Disconnect the mirror electrical connector.
- Remove the mounting screws and remove the mirror assembly from the door.
- Install the outside mirror assembly and tighten the mounting screws to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Connect the mirror electrical connector.
- Install the front door escutcheon.
- From beneath the instrument panel, reach up and press one of the retaining tabs for the trim panel on the switch.
- While pressing one of the retaining tabs, pull the switch assembly away from the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal.