Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle so the weight rests on the stands, not on the control arms.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the control arm link bolt and disconnect the stabilizer bar from the control arm.
- Remove the ball joint-to-steering knuckle nut.
- Separate the ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the control arm mounting bolts and the bracket.
Remove the control arm.
- Install the control arm.
- Connect the front of the control arm to the body with the front mounting bolt and washer, but do not tighten.
- Apply thread sealer to the control arm rear bolts.
- Install the control arm rear bolts using new self-locking nuts, but do not tighten the nuts.
- Install the stabilizer bar link bolt.
- Install the ball joint to the steering knuckle and tighten the nut to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Connect the retaining clip to the ball joint stud.
- Install the wheels.
- Raise the vehicle and place jack stands under the control arms to bear the weight of the vehicle.
- Tighten the control arm mounting bolts to 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Remove the jack stands and lower the vehicle.