- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the fuel filter mounting bracket assembly bolt.
- Place a rag under the fuel filter to catch any residual fuel that may leak out when the filter is removed.
- Remove the fuel filter cover.
- Disconnect the inlet/outlet fuel lines by moving the line connector lock forward and pulling the hose off of the fuel filter tube.
Remove the fuel filter by pulling it from the bracket.
- Install the fuel filter into the retaining clamp, ensuring proper direction of flow as noted earlier.
- Connect the inlet and outlet lines and secure the connector lock.
- Install the fuel filter cover.
- Tighten the mounting bracket bolts to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Start the engine and check the filter connections for leaks by running the tip of your finger around each connection.
The fuel filter is contained within the fuel pump assembly inside the fuel tank. The fuel filter does not require regular replacement. For additional information, see Fuel Pump.