- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Push the drive axle away from the wheel hub
- Separate the axle from the transaxle and remove the axle.
- Clean the axle hub seal and the transaxle seal.
- Install the drive axle into the transaxle.
- Install the wheel hub onto the axle shaft.
Install or connect the following:
Steering knuckle to lower ball joint
- Loosely install a new axle shaft nut.
- Install the brake rotor and caliper.
- Install the road wheels and tighten the lug nuts snug.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground and tighten the lug nuts to 88 ft. lbs. (120 Nm).
- Tighten the axle shaft nut to 221 ft. lbs. (300 Nm).
- Install the underbody splash shields.
- Check the transaxle fluid level and add as needed.