Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the cooling surge tank.
- Disconnect the ABS wiring harness connector from its socket on the electronic brake control module (EBCM).
Cover the connector and the socket with shop cloths to protect them from brake fluid.
NOTEDo not allow air into the hydraulic unit or into the brake pipes from the master cylinder. If air gets into the hydraulic unit, it will require a bleeding procedure using a scan tool programmed for the brake modulator system. As long as no air enters the hydraulic unit, a simple bleeding procedure is all the system will require.
- Remove the brake pipes fitting nuts from the hydraulic unit.
- Remove the mounting bracket bolts on the hydraulic unit.
- Remove the brake modulator assembly.
- Install the brake modulator assembly.
- Install the mounting bracket bolts on the hydraulic unit.
- Tighten the torque ABS mounting bracket bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the brake pipes fitting nuts from the hydraulic unit.
- Tighten the torque brake pipe fitting nuts to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Connect the ABS wiring harness connector to its socket on the EBCM.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Add new brake fluid and bleed the brake system.
- Inspect the brake system for leaks.