Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle from the vehicle.
- Remove the pressure plate bolts and the pressure plate.
- Important: Support the pressure plate when you remove the last bolt.
- Remove the clutch disc from the flywheel
- Coat the spline on the clutch disc with multi-purpose grease.
- Align the pressure plate and the clutch disc onto the flywheel using DT 46551 .
- Install the pressure plate bolts.
- For the hydraulic clutch type, tighten the bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- For the cable clutch type, tighten the bolts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Remove DT 46551 from the clutch assembly.
- Install the transaxle into the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.