Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve connector.
Remove the IAC valve retaining bolts.
WARNINGDo not push or pull on the IAC valve pintle on IAC valves that have been in service. The force required to move the pintle may damage the threads on the worm drive.
WARNINGDo not soak the IAC valve in any liquid cleaner or solvent, as damage may result.
- Remove the IAC valve.
- Clean the IAC valve O-ring seal area, the pintle valve seat, and the air passage with a suitable fuel system cleaner. Do not use methyl ethyl ketone.
- Lubricate a new O-ring with engine oil. Install the new O-ring onto the valve.
- Install the IAC valve into the throttle body. Tighten the retaining bolts to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Connect the IAC valve connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for the proper idle speed.