Refer to the applicable precautions for this system before performing the following operation. Failure to follow the warnings and cautions could result in possible personal injury or death.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge and recover the refrigerant.
- Remove the compressor A/C hose assembly connector block fitting nut.
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
Disconnect the electrical connector at the compressor.
Remove serpentine accessory drive belt.
- Remove the A/C compressor-to-bracket bolts.
- Remove the compressor.
- Drain the oil from the compressor into a container. Measure the amount of oil drained and then discard the used oil.
- Add oil to the new compressor. Use the exact amount of oil that you drained from the old compressor.
- Install the compressor.
- Install the compressor-to-bracket mounting bolts.
- Tighten the compressor bracket bolt to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Install the serpentine accessory drive bolt.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install new O-ring to the A/C hose assembly connector block fitting.
- Install the compressor hose assembly connector block fitting and tighten the retaining nut.
- Tighten the A/C system hose connector retaining nut to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector at the compressor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate and recharge the A/C system.