Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the Electronic Ignition (EI) system ignition coil connector.
- Note the ignition wire location and remove the ignition wire.
- Remove the EI system ignition coil retaining nuts.
Remove the EI system ignition coil.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the EI system ignition coil into the mounting location and install the retaining nuts. Tighten the EI system ignition coil retaining nuts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the EI system ignition coil connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.