Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely on jack stands.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the right wheel.
- Remove the right side splash shield.
- Disconnect the heated oxygen sensor connector.
Remove the catalytic converter lower flange nuts and nuts that secure the front exhaust pipe. Then remove the exhaust pipe and catalytic converter as a unit.
- Remove the lower crossmember bracket, if necessary.
- Remove the oil pan-to-transaxle case bolts.
- Remove the oil pan-to-engine block bolts.
Remove the oil pan.
- Clean the gasket mating surfaces thoroughly.
Coat the oil pan gasket with sealant.
NOTEInstall the oil pan within 5 minutes of applying the sealant material.
- Install the oil pan and tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the oil pan-to-transaxle case bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the oil pan-to-engine block bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the exhaust pipe and catalytic converter. Tighten the nuts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm). Tighten the front muffler nuts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Connect the oxygen sensor connector.
- Install the splash shield and wheel.
- Refill the engine with oil to the correct level.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.