Removal & Installation
Remove only one shock at a time. Do not suspend the rear axle by the brake hoses only.
- Remove the upper shock absorber-to-body bolts.
- Raise and support the vehicle under the rear axle.
- Remove the lower shock-to-axle bolts.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Attach the shock absorber to the axle and install the bolt.
- Lower the vehicle and guide the shock into the upper mounting location and install the bolts.
- Tighten the lower shock bolt to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm), and the upper bolt to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).