- Place the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Drain the power steering fluid from the steering gear.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Install the steering gear and the retaining bracket. Tighten the bracket nuts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the front crossmember and tighten the nuts and bolts to 111 ft. lbs. (150 Nm).
- Install the ball joint hex nuts and connect the stabilizer bar to the knuckle by tightening the bolt with the stabilizer shaft link assembly. Tighten the ball joint hex nuts to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm). Tighten the stabilizer bar shaft to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install the outer tie rod hex nuts and tighten to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Connect the steering gear feed and return lines and tighten the fittings to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the front wheels.
- Connect the intermediate shaft to the steering column
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the power steering system and then bleed the system.