Removal & Installation
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Use a frame contact hoist if possible and support the rear control arms with jack stands. If it becomes necessary to lift the vehicle with a twin-post hoist, lift the body and support the control arms with jack stands.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the right and the left shock absorber bolts.
Lower the rear axle and remove the springs and the top insulator.
- Install the upper insulator and seat the lower bumper.
- Install the springs and raise the axle.
Install the shock absorbers.
NOTEIt will be necessary to bring the axle assembly to trim height prior to tightening the shock absorber attachment bolts.
- Install the wheel.
- Remove the jack stands and lower the vehicle.