- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the rear timing belt cover. For additional information, refer to the following section, -Timing Belt Rear Cover, Removal & Installation.-
- Remove the water pump mounting bolts.
- Remove the water pump.
Remove the seal ring from the water pump.
- Install a new seal ring to the water pump and coat the sealing surface of the ring with Lubriplater®.
- Install the water pump to the engine block, aligning the flange with the recess of the rear timing belt cover.
- Install the water pump mounting bolts and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the rear timing belt cover.
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.