Removal & Installation
Always connect or disconnect the wiring harness connector from the EBCM/EBTCM with the ignition switch in the OFF position. Failure to observe this precaution could result in damage to the EBCM/EBTCM.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Remove the air cleaner housing from the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) harness connector.
- Brush off any dirt/debris that has accumulated on the assembly.
- Disconnect the pump motor connector at the bottom of the EBCM.
- Do not damage the seal by prying the EBCM from the brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV).
Do not damage the solenoid valves while removing the EBCM from the BPMV.
- Remove the six EBCM to BPMV screws.
- Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by gently pulling apart until separated.
Use only new wave springs and screws supplied with the new EBCM.
- Clean the BPMV surface with alcohol using a clean towel.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the six screws that attach the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Tighten the top four mounting screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm). Tighten screws in an X pattern
- Tighten the bottom two mounting screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the pump motor connector to the bottom of the EBCM
- Connect the EBCM harness connector and depress the locking tab to secure.
- Install the air cleaner housing.
- Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position, do not start engine.