- Drain the coolant below the level of the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical connector.
Carefully remove the ECT sensor.
Coat the threads with sealer P/N 9985253 or equivalent.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the ECT sensor and tighten the sensor to 15 lb-ft (20 Nm).
- Connect the ECT sensor electrical connector.
- Refill the cooling system
- Partially drain the cooling system.
- Remove the coolant temperature sensor electrical connector.
Remove the coolant temperature sensor.
- Install the coolant temperature sensor and tighten it to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the coolant temperature sensor electrical connector.
- Inspect and fill the cooling system as necessary.