Removal & Installation
Remove the automatic transaxle.
- Remove the engine flywheel bolts and flywheel.
- Clean the engine flywheel bolt threads and bolt holes.
- Clean and inspect the engine flywheel.
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the engine flywheel and bolts and tighten them to 52 ft. lbs. (71 Nm).
- Install the automatic transaxle.
Remove the transmission.
- Remove the engine flywheel bolts and the flywheel.
- Clean and inspect the flywheel. If the flywheel teeth are damaged, inspect the starter for proper operation. Replace the starter if there is excessive wear or damage to the starter drive.
- Install the engine flywheel.
- Install the transmission.