- Disable the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical Section.
- Remove the steering column trim covers.
Disconnect the electrical connectors from the multifunction switch.
- Remove the wiring harness from the steering column harness strap.
- Disconnect the multifunction switch electrical connectors from the steering column wiring harness.
Remove the multifunction switch retaining screws.
- Remove the multifunction switch from the steering column.
- Remove the SIR coil from the steering column shaft.
- Install the multifunction switch to the steering column tilt head. Verify that the electrical contact of the turn signal switch rests on the horn ring.
- Install the multifunction switch screws and tighten the screws to 26 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Install 2 electrical connectors of the multifunction switch into the bulkhead connector.
- Connect the multifunction switch connector to the SIR coil connector.
- Attach the wire harness to the steering column with new wire harness straps.
- Install the wire harness to the wire harness strap.
- Install the SIR coil to the steering column shaft.
- Install the upper and lower trim covers.
- Enable the SIR system, as outlined in Chassis Electrical.