Power Door Locks
Door Lock Diagnosis & Testing
Perform the following inspections/tests:
Removal & Installation
Door Lock Motor
- Remove the door lock.
- Remove the door lock to door lock actuator screws.
- Remove the door actuator from the door lock.
Align the door actuator to the door lock.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the door lock to door actuator screws and tighten the screws to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Install the door lock.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Use a small flat-bladed tool to release the clips at the top and the bottom of the door lock switch.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the switch.
- Remove the switch.
- Install the door lock switch to the trim panel. Press the switch into place until fully seated.
- Connect the electrical connector to the door lock switch.
- Install the door trim panel.
- Test the lock switch for proper operation.