Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle using a utility stand to slightly compress the coil spring and relieve the shock absorber tension.
- If the vehicle is equipped with automatic level control, disconnect the air tube connector from the shock absorber.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Shock absorber upper bolt and nut
- Inspect the shock absorber, upper and lower mounting brackets and the frame mounting hole for cracks excessive wear and burrs.
Install or connect the following:
- Remove the support from the rear axle.
- Road test the vehicle.