Removal & Installation
- Open the hood.
- Drain the washer solvent from the washer solvent container.
- Disconnect the rear washer pump electrical connector.
- Disconnect the rear hose from the rear washer pump.
- Using a small flat-bladed tool, remove the rear washer pump from the washer solvent container.
- Position the rear washer pump to the washer solvent container pressing in until fully seated.
- Connect the rear hose to the rear washer pump.
- Connect the rear washer pump electrical connector.
- Fill the washer solvent container with washer solvent.
- Close the hood.
- Remove the rear wiper arm.
- Remove the seal from the wiper motor driveshaft.
- Remove the liftgate access trim panel.
- Remove the rear wiper motor screws.
- Disconnect the rear wiper motor electrical connector.
- Remove the rear wiper motor from the liftgate.
- Connect the rear wiper motor electrical connector.
Position the rear wiper motor to the liftgate.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the rear wiper motor screws and tighten to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Install the liftgate access trim panel.
- Install the seal onto the rear wiper motor driveshaft.
- Install the rear wiper arm.