Removal & Installation
The wiper motor is part of the wiper system drive module assembly and is not serviced separately.
- Remove the wiper arms.
- Remove the air inlet grille panel.
- Remove the underhood electrical center.
- Remove the cruise control module.
- Disconnect the wiper motor cover electrical connector.
- Remove the wiper system drive module bolts.
- Remove the wiper system drive module from the engine compartment.
Position the wiper system drive module to the cowl.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the wiper system drive module bolts and tighten to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm)
- Connect the wiper motor cover electrical connector.
- Install the cruise control module and bracket.
- Install the underhood electrical center.
- Install the air inlet grille panel.
- Install the wiper arms.