See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the center console. On E36 3 Series and E34 5 Series the switch is now accessible through the opening and can be removed. For the E30 3 Series, disconnect the shaft rod or the shifter cable from the lever.
- Disconnect the switch plug and remove the shifter mounting bolts.
- Remove the shifter and disconnect the light wire and the shift lever.
- Remove the switch mounting screws and remove the switch.
- Install the switch, lever, light wire and shifter. Connect the shift rod or cable and adjust. Install the console.