- Fill the reservoir.
- Connect a bleeder hose from the bleeder screw to a container filled with brake fluid so air cannot be drawn in during bleeding procedures.
- Pump the clutch pedal about 10 times and then hold it down.
- Open the bleeder screw and watch the stream of escaping fluid. When no more bubbles escape, close the bleeder screw and tighten it.
- Release the clutch pedal and repeat the above procedure until no more bubbles can be seen when the screw is opened.
If this procedure fails to produce a bubble-free stream:
- Pull the slave cylinder off the transmission without disconnecting the fluid line.
Do not depress the clutch pedal while the slave cylinder is dismounted.
- Depress the pushrod in the cylinder until it hits the internal stop and release. This will force any trapped air up into the reservoir. Then, reinstall the cylinder and bleed again.
- Check the level of the fluid in the reservoir and fill to the line.